What a year it has been, hey? While many might say that this is the year that the world seemed to fall apart, mine did just the opposite. This year has been incredible. I have achieved so many of my life-long goals and I can safely say that this has been the most personally fulfilling year of my life. I am confident that I can do even better in 2018. To that end, I have been thinking about what I really want to achieve in the coming year.
Work & Writing
- Finish my Black Book manuscript and Green Book poetry and think about publishing them somehow.
- Build a portfolio of freelance/blog writing and publish work in notable places.
- Be freelancing full time, without the need for a side job.
Health & Fitness
- Do a 5k and a 10k run by the end of the year.
- Do 10 push ups every morning and every night.
- Eat better, with less sugar and less salt.
Travel & Learning
- Travel inside the US: New York, Arizona, and at least one camping trip.
- Learn a new language, either French or Spanish.
- Read at least 12 good books.
People & Connections
- Make new friends.
- Get involved in different communities.
- Become closer to friends and family.
Spirituality & Philosophy
- Explore and learn more about religion.
- Consider my place in the world.
- Lots and lots of self-reflection.
I guess that's all. It's a big list but I'm ambitious. I'm really excited about the possibilities for my first full year in the US and all the lessons there are to be learned along the way. Whatever 2018 has in store for all of us, it's up to us to make the best of it. So let's make those resolutions now, come up with a plan, and get to work.
Thank you all for a wonderful year.